Tecsound is a very high performance acoustic membrane. It is flexible and improves both impact and airborne passage of sound. It is a high density polymer based synthetic soundproofing membrane providing excellent acoustic insulation in different construction elements. The product is fire resistant and self extinguishing.
As low as £82.13
• High acoustic insulation, combined with soft, flexible elements.
• Great elongation capacity
• Easy handling and adaptable to uneven surfaces.
• Good bonding to most of the types of surfaces.
• Acts as a vapour control layer
• Cold- and heat-resistance.
• Excellent ageing resistance.
• Soundproofing against airborne noise in vertical walls with low surface density (lightweight partition walls or boards made of different materials).
• Soundproofing against airborne noise in ceilings and lightweight roofs.
• Reduction of impact noise level in all types of floors, sandwiched between floor slabs and loose-laid flooring.
• Damping of impact noise caused by atmospheric agents on metal decks.
• Combined with sound-absorbent materials, it offers products with high acoustic performance.
• Its applications in the industrial field cover from the soundproofing of booths to the acoustic insulation of machine-rooms, gutter pipes, sound damping of metal sheets, etc.
Substrate: TECSOUND SY lends itself to all types of normal building substrates (renderings, gypsum board, metal, DM, plastic materials). The substrate must be even, smooth, clean and dry. It must also be free from elements that could damage the membrane. If the rendering is old, its condition must be checked to avoid adherence problems of the TECSOUND sheet to the rendering.
Installation of the membrane: Remove the protective silicone release paper, and align the membrane on the substrate, exerting pressure over the whole membrane to ensure good bonding. If the length of product is very large, or it is applied in rolls, remove the protective release paper progressively to aid installation.
Installation of the membrane on metal decks: The membrane must be applied in such a way that the length of the roll is perpendicular to the direction of the fretwork. The membrane must be made to follow the profile of the metal support at all times, ensuring that there is no formation of air pockets. The thermal insulation boards are then installed, mechanically fastened.
Laps: Overlap 5 cm both vertically and horizontally. Care must be taken to always seal the laps correctly, as small openings can reduce the level of acoustic insulation required.
Yield: 1 m2 of membrane covers approximately 0.95 m2 of surface area, including overlaps.
Delivery charges to the UK vary by product and delivery area. Add products to your cart to calculate shipping costs. Estimated delivery times can be found beneath the price on each product page.
International orders are welcome. Please create an account and follow the instructions on the delivery page to request a quote.
Write Your Own Review